Management Consultant – 3 Month Contract (with possibility to extend)
Tourism New Westminster (TNW) is seeking a Management Consultant for a 3 month contract to overseeTNW’s strategic plan and coordinate a number of key projects. This position will report to the Board of Directors, and will play a critical role in managing New Westminster’s tourism industry by implementing the strategies and actions identified in the current strategic and business plan.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate the Municipal and Regional District Tax (MRDT) application process in collaboration with a project manager.
• Coordinate Feast on the Fraser event in collaboration with a project coordinator.
• Support the Board of Directors in implementing a vision, strategic plan and policy framework to guide the organization.
• Implement an annual business plan, including marketing activities, tactics and budget.
• Identify and prepare applications for suitable grant, sponsorships and other external funding opportunities.
• Oversee specific marketing and tourism programs and development of collateral and advertising that support the strategic plan.
• Maintain relationships with the City of New Westminster, the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, local business improvement associations and other appropriate stakeholders.
Skills and Experience:
• Degree in business, marketing, tourism or related discipline and/or 5 years experience in tourism and/or related business environment.
• Knowledge of the regional New Westminster market.
• Proven financial, human resources, strategic planning and board management skills.
• Ability to manage partnerships, contracts and consultants and identify fundraising opportunities.
• Knowledge of the leisure, corporate markets, educational and experiential travel, tourism trends and market segments.
• Management capabilities and ability to build capacity and confidence with staff, volunteers, business partners, and stakeholders.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with web applications and proficiency with social media tools.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, board and volunteers.
• Location: Anvil Center Estimated Hours Per Week: 24 (Flexible)
• 3 Month contract with possible extension available.
• To be negotiated based on a 24 hours/week
Starting Date: Immediate
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and three references to Tracy Eyssens, Board President at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: Submission will be received until position is filled.