Tourism New Westminster, the official destination marketing organization for New Westminster, is looking for a creative, connected and passionate Executive Director to lead our marketing and attraction efforts. This role will allow you to develop new ways to shine a spotlight on all New Westminster has to offer and work closely was stakeholders and local businesses.
Please take a look at the job description below:
JOB POSTING: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Tourism New Westminster (TNW) is a dynamic destination marketing organization with a mission to promote and market the incredible visitor experiences that can be found right here at the centre of Metro Vancouver. Working closely with our stakeholders, we highlight the local food, arts & culture, festival and hospitality scene to visitors from across the region and around the world. We’re looking for a creative, connected and passionate Executive Director to lead our marketing and attraction efforts and develop new ways to shine a spotlight on all New Westminster has to offer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director plays a critical role in enhancing New Westminster’s tourism industry by implementing the strategies and actions identified in the current strategic and business plan. As well, the Executive Director provides leadership in developing and implementing new programs, marketing initiatives and organizational and financial plans and represents Tourism New Westminster to agencies, organizations and the general public and establishes lasting working relationships and collaborative arrangements with the community at large.
If you are ready to apply your many talents to a leadership role in a great organization supported by excited and engaged stakeholders that offer world-class hospitality and original experiences, we want to hear from you!
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision, strategic plan and policy framework to guide the organization.
• Develop an annual business plan, including marketing activities, tactics and budget.
• Oversee specific marketing and tourism programs and development of collateral and advertising that support the strategic plan.
• Responsible for public relations as well as the development and execution of communication programs to raise community awareness of TNW events, marketing programs and issues.
• Identify and lead the development of new tourism products and offerings.
• Identify and prepare applications for suitable grant, sponsorships and other external funding opportunities.
• Develop and maintain effective relationships and work collaboratively with the City of New Westminster, the New Westminster Chamber of Commerce, local business improvement associations and other appropriate stakeholders.
• Represent TNW and give presentations at tourism events, conferences and to stakeholders as required.
• Manage the selection, training and evaluation of TNW staff.
• Others duties as required.
Skills and Experience:
• Degree in business, marketing, tourism or related discipline and/or 5 years experience in tourism and/or related business environment.
• Knowledge of the regional market.
• Proven financial, human resources, strategic planning and board management skills.
• Ability to manage partnerships, contracts and consultants and identify fundraising opportunities.
• Expert knowledge of the leisure, corporate markets, educational and experiential travel, tourism trends and market segments.
• Management capabilities and ability to build capacity and confidence with staff, volunteers, business partners, and stakeholders.
• Experience in establishing and monitoring performance frameworks, developing policy, tourism packaging, pricing, and market development.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Experience with web applications and proficiency with social media tools.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with all sectors of the community, board and volunteers.
Normal office hours, however, flexibility is necessary to accommodate some evenings and weekends as required.
Up to $50,000/year based on a 32 hours/week, commensurate with experience.
Starting Date: Immediate
To Apply: Please send cover letter, resume and three references to Jorden Foss, Board President at email@example.com (Submissions are now closed)
Deadline for applications: August 15, 2018