- This event has passed.
Super Saturday: Build-A-Boat!
January 30 @ 10:00 am - 4:00 pm$3 – $15
Taking place on the last Saturday of every month, Super Saturdays is a series of public programs geared towards family friendly activities that explore different features of the Fraser River, from its booming economy to its diverse ecosystem.
This month, the FRDC is revisiting the plucky workhorses of the Fraser River – the terrific Tugboats! Have you seen tugboats cruising the Fraser? These tough little vessels are central to our economy as they guide larger boats safely up and down the river and haul barges containing wood, fuel, and gravel. Communities that rely on the Fraser for jobs and materials would be stuck without them!
Discover more about these powerful vessels – and try your hand at making your very own paper boat – at this month’s Super Saturday!
– Learn how Tugboats keep the Fraser River’s economy afloat and what it takes to pilot one!
– Discover all the parts of a tugboat, and how they work together to keep these small but powerful vessels moving!
– Choose a Craft Kit and learn how to create your very own tugboat using simple origami techniques. Don’t forget to name and decorate your boat once it’s finished!
Program registration includes admission to the Centre. Pay online when you register, and explore the galleries after the program!
Free for Annual Pass holders.
WHEN: January 30th, 10:00-4:00
WHERE: Fraser River Discovery Centre, 788 Quayside Drive, New Westminster, BC.
– Pre-registration is required.
– Individual group size is limited to five (5) maximum.
– While inside the Centre, groups are asked to follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible.
– Masks are required for all visitors aged six (6) or older.