Discover the Best-Kept Secrets in New West According to Our #BCTourismMatters Week Interviewees
1. Spend Some Time Exploring the New Businesses and Refreshed Energy in the Area
With so many new businesses opening up in the City, the vibe of the Downtown area is rapidly changing and for Angie Whitfield from the Downtown New West BIA, that is the best-kept secret in the city.
2. Pick a Neighbourhood and Create Your Own Food Tour
Christina Anderson from Tourism New Westminster says that the food in New West is the city’s best-kept secret – there are many really good, authentic restaurants to choose from. One restaurant that Stephanie Vu, owner of Old Crow Coffee Co. thinks the best-kept secret in New West is Wild Thyme – a modest Lebanese restaurant on 12th Street.
3. Get Outside and Explore the Beautiful, Scenic, Parks in New West
4. The Immense Amount of Live Music, Performances, and Art Shows
“There’s always something cool happening here, whether it’s live music, performances, art shows… there’s a big creative scene that might be hard to see at times, but it’s here.” – Jorden Foss, Steel & Oak Brewery. While you’re out discovering the art scene, Sarah and Gorden from the New Media Gallery suggest it as the City’s best-kept secret.
5. Explore New West’s Charm & Character
“In many ways, I think all that New Westminster has is kind of a secret to a lot of people.” Well said Alejandro Diez owner of El Santo.