Tourism New Westminster is keeping current with the COVID-19 outbreak through active communication with industry partners and local government. We understand that the impacts on the tourism and hospitality industry are extreme, and we are staying up to date on this rapidly evolving situation.
- BC Centre for Disease Control has updated their COVID-19 Guidance to the Hotel Sector resource to help prevent the transmission of the virus.
- Sign-up here for the City of New Westminster’s Invest New West e-newsletter that provides timely resources on topics like business re-entry and programs available to assist operations. Extensive resources are available on the Economic Development website.
- Share the Support Local New Westminster campaign with your customers and neighbours! Find the new downloadable poster and social media images here.
- Reach out to your favourite restaurants and shops or try something new! Many businesses are still open with modified operations. Uptown New West BIA and Downtown New West BIA list operating businesses, and don’t forget the gems in Sapperton and the West End! #TakeoutWednesday #TakeoutEveryday
- Destination BC has been actively planning a recovery campaign for the tourism industry in three phases- Response, Recovery, Resilience– to provide the strongest possible outcomes once public safety is assured.
- Here are 7 ways you can support BC Tourism right now.
The City of New Westminster website hosts information regarding its facility closures, Emergency Operations Centre, preventative measures, and event cancellations.
Destination BC is a “one stop shop” for updates in the Tourism industry in BC. This site is updated daily and contains timely information on relevant travel information, advisories, and protective measures. You can direct your staff, customers and guests to this source.
Business Support Information
The Province of B.C. provides support information on topics such as: employment & finances, business, housing & bills, transportation, childcare, schools and more. Non-medical information on COVID-19 is also available by phone 1-888-COVID-19 (1 888 268-4319).
The BC Business COVID-19 Support Service operated by Small Business BC provides support for businesses trying to navigate available resources. They are available Monday through Friday from 8am-6pm and Saturday from 10am-4pm at 1-833-254-4357, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by the chat feature on their website.
Health Information on COVID-19
We recommend the following reliable sources for information on preventative measures, symptoms, how the virus spreads, what to do if you are ill and other FAQs:
Tourism New West’s office and Visitor Centre is closed to the public along with Anvil Centre. We are still reachable via email: email@example.com