No matter how you’re planning on celebrating this weekend, there’s plenty to do this Mother’s Day! Read on for 11 gift ideas and ways to celebrate in New West this year.
1. Whether it is a single flower plucked from your garden or a store-bought bouquet, flowers are always a special way to show that you care. So, grabbing a high-quality floral arrangements from Queen’s Park Florist is definitely worth it!
2. Give your mom a hug in a cup by getting her some specialty loose-leaf teas from The Great Wall Tea Company at River Market. With a variety of classic flavours, herbal varieties, and fun accessories to choose from, a warm cup of tea from the Great Wall Tea Company will feel just like a loving hug.
4. Still looking for the perfect handmade gift? Come check out handmade gifts for your mom at River Market! New West Craft will be opening a special Mother’s Day Market on May 7th from 11 am to 4 pm.
Foodie Date with Mom
5. You can never go wrong with a celebratory meal at one of New West’s top breakfast spots! Both Angelina’s Dutch Corner and Craft Cafe near the Quay offer classic breakfast and brunch menus with great drinks options for a perfect meal!
6. Bruncheria in Sapperton to grab brunch served all day on their outdoor patio, or check out their food truck (open every day from 8 am to 2 pm) for some donuts!
7. Rain or shine, ice cream is always a go-to dessert for any date. Rocky Point Ice Cream has a variety of flavours that you and your mom could taste together while strolling through the neighborhood.
8. If mom has a sweet tooth, why not grab a highly coveted box of Yum Gourmet Donuts from their new storefront on East Columbia St. before they sell out! Nothing could be sweeter than sharing a box of these delicious treats this Mother’s Day.
9. For a meal with a view, book a Mother’s Day Lunch Cruise with Vancouver Paddlewheeler Riverboat Tours & Cruises. Enjoy food inspired by the Fraser River with a 360-degree water view with mom.
10. If you and your mom would like to get active, a bike date is a great way to get out and about this weekend. Check out our Bike Your Way Through New Westminster blog for a bike-friendly route and itinerary ideas.
11. If your mom wants a more chill date, movies and popcorn at Landmark Cinemas never gets old. Have your mom pick a movie and surprise her with her favourite movie snacks.
Don’t forget to share your Mother’s Day moments with us using the tag #MadeInNewWest!